I stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado - which is where Marilyn Monroe filmed her movie, Some Like It Hot. It was GORGEOUS. And made me feel like a princess every single day.
I'm not going to do a full recap of my vacation, because quite frankly I don't have time and there's something more I want to write about today. Go to San Diego. Take some selfies. And enjoy yourself:)
this one simply because of my face - this is incredibly me.
For those of you that have been around these parts for awhile, you know that I like to come here to vent. And while I was vacationing, I really started thinking about how strange blogging is. I mean, I share my life, my ups and my downs with people that I will most likely never meet. Those I have met, are very near and dear to my heart, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.
The thing is - I like coming here to write. I like sharing my life with you and while I will probably never have 1,000 followers, or even get compensated for the things that I write, I do it because I need to be able to come here. To tell you that I'm pissed off at a friend. Or that I feel like someone has wronged me. Or that I like to take selfies. Or the things I want for my birthday. (22 days and counting). Don't get me wrong, if I had 1,000 followers or got a big paycheck, that would be maybe the best thing ever. But I just don't have the time to focus on blogging like I want to.
I read blogs. Almost daily. But I don't comment like I should. And if I'm real life friends with you, it's usually because I'll send a text about something you've written or ask questions, or if you are like Whitney you know that I'll send texts like, where do you buy your skincare? Or where did you buy that shirt?
Point is - I may not come here often, but I need this little space to write. Life is really really good for me right now. I'm incredibly happy and crazy in love. And I feel like the last few times I've posted maybe were more negative that I should have been. I let a disagreement with a friend stand in my way of my happiness and I let the way a boy treated me make me forget my self worth. So I came here and I complained. And trust me, both of those things have changed me, maybe for forever. But I want to inspire others, and I want to lift others up, and I want to share the good - not just the bad.
I fell in love almost five months ago. And I don't want that to ever stop. We are getting ready to spend our first real weekend AWAY together in Nashville - and we are going to celebrate our first Valetine's day together - and then we are going to finish up the month with both of our birthdays.
I'll make this promise to you - I'm going to share more of my life, even if I only blog 10 times a month, like my sweet Jill Pickle promised to do this month. I'm going to share my struggles, like I hate the way my thighs look right now. Or that I want to eat all the m&ms. I'm going to be more real with you, because you deserve that. I'm going to tell you about the time I cried at dinner to my boyfriend because I didn't get invited to a "friends" Christmas. I'm going to tell you that I think that people should look in the mirror more often than pointing fingers. I'm going to tell you that I have private Pinterest boards because I'm afraid of the judging that people will do. I'm also going to tell you that I thought all along when I became a size 6 that all of my problems would go away. But they didn't. And I freaking hate the way I look. I hate the way my skin looks. And I struggle almost daily wondering how someone could love me. I guess, what I'm trying to say in all my rambling, is I want you all to know the real side of me. Even if I may never meet some of you. Because I need this space and I need each and every one of you.
Happy February!
xoxo,
Brooke






4 comments:
I pink puffy heart love that you called me Jill Pickle. That is a new one and I like it :) I decided recently that I am not writing for others, I'm writing for myself. Someday, I'll look back on my posts and enjoy reading them. I know that to be true because I feel it anytime I look through old posts. Sure, sometimes I participate in link-ups and what not and hope people read it, but the bottom line is that it's like my diary. People just happen to sometimes read it, and that's okay too :)
And if it makes you feel any better, last week I cried at work (in my office, thank the Lord) because I got embarrassed. Hi, am I 4?
what's your instagram name? i dont see the link on here. would love to check our your pics.
i cry at the drop of a hat. dont feel bad
pinkowl07.blogspot.com
Brookie I loved reading this. I'm so glad you come here to write and I'm so thankful that because of your blog and my blog, we've "met". Next time, I wanna sneak in your suitcase and go with you!
Oh sissy! I love every single word of this. You are such a gem and I am so glad to call you my friend, both inside and outside the blogosphere. You are so gorgeous and your little heart is even more beautiful.
Post a Comment