Dear Future Hubs,
We haven't met yet, but when we do there a few things I hope that you know and can accept. I have prayed for you. And these are in no particular order.
...I will secretly pray that you have long hair - and if not, that you have hair that can be transformed into long hair. And if you look like this, I won't ever complain about anything...

...I will love you completely, without fail, neverending, but I will sometimes be hard to live with. I will get mad at you for letting the alarm clock go off for long enough to wake me. Other than that, I will work hard to make you happy. Once I've had a cup of coffee.

...I like heart shaped things. Like waffles. And on those rare occasions that I get up early enough to surprise you, I will make you heart shaped pancakes and waffles, but I can't promise that they will be good.

...in fact I can't promise that anything I ever cook will be good. I do hope that you are a borderline chef and really enjoy dining out.
...I sometimes like to drink wine with my girlfriends. And sometimes like to drink wine from a straw. This needs no explanation.
....I enjoy football more than the normal girl. As in can sit on the couch with you all weekend, or in a bar, or at a game. I understand that you will also love football. You will also love drinking beer with your friends. And that is fine, I will be drinking wine with my girlfriends.

....I enjoy traveling. I like living out of a suitcase.

....I really love clothes. Shoes. Pretty things. But will always shop for a bargain. And never pay full price. Unless it's those boots that I have been dying for. And then I will save my money for them. But will buy you something pretty to go along with. Promise.

....I like to do fun things. Like go see all of the touristy things to do in Kentucky. Or anywhere we travel. We will have an itinerary. We will go to lots of concerts, because who doesn't love live music?
But we will also work in lots of time for you to do manly things. With your friends. Ain't nobody got time for that.
...I have prayed that you love God the same way that I do. That you will have a heart like mine. That you will want to give, give, give and love people. No matter what. That you will understand that I love my time serving and will always want to serve. That you will want to go to church every Sunday, and will not judge me if I cry during the service.
Or if I cry over just about anything. Sometimes that happens.
....You will understand that I love college basketball - more than I probably should - that I will dress in blue and white on game day. That I will wear my UK cowboy boots with my blue pants and will say the C-A-T-S cheer whenever possible. That I will think that game days are an excuse to get out of the house and to see our friends, unless it's a home game, and then we will beg, borrow and steal to go to the game. You will love that when it's an away game or national tournament time, that I will believe that we must go to the games. I will even cry during one shining moment. You will too. I will even approve of you to have a man cave. That has lots of UK memorabilia.

...And you will know that no matter what, even if you don't fit anything on this list, if you were the love story that God wrote for me, I will love you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. The rest of these things are just an added bonus.
xoxo,
Brooke


10 comments:
This is so sweet :)
This is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. I believe that God has a man for you out there Brooke - and one that will fill every requirement on the list and MORE! Much more! You are such a strong, gorgeous and generous woman. I can't wait to see the good things that are in store for you!:)
This is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. I believe that God has a man for you out there Brooke - and one that will fill every requirement on the list and MORE! Much more! You are such a strong, gorgeous and generous woman. I can't wait to see the good things that are in store for you!:)
This is soo sweet! I'm working on a current theory that if you let your boy watch Football all day, every day, that you'll be able to get whatever you want (aka. being able to get those shoes and pretty things)
I'll let you know how it turns out :)
Ohh I love this!! I have a thing for guys with longer hair too, so hot! And, I believe us single girls need to stick together! God will write the most amazing love story even better than what we have planned!
I love this! I think the football thing is a must, haha! I hope that God has great plans for you in this department. I am sure He does!
New follower here! Gosh, I can relate to so much that you wrote here. Except that I went to IU, so even though I love Kentucky (the state) pretty sure I would be a dishonored Hoosier if I rooted for them.
You are just about the cutest thing on this planet and funny thing is.. I think we are looking for the same future hubby. Except I happen to think everything I cook tastes good, but don't worry I will give you lessons my love ;) Oh, and subtract all that Kentucky stuff and add Oklahoma State! Duh. This really is so sweet and I hope this wonderful man finds you soon! xoxox
Love this idea for a post!! I hope you get everything you want and more in your future husband!! It seems like you're on the right track though just by praying for him before you even know him!
What a sweet letter. Maybe I should write one of these too -- will that raise the chances that he will turn out perfect? I love it either way, cute letter and very cute blog. That's why I'm sticking around :)
xo, Rebecca
Post a Comment