Dearest evil bathroom scales,
Yeah, I'm talking to you. I don't care how cute and pink you are - we've got somethings that we need to talk about.
You may not know this - but some mornings I wake up and rush straight to the bathroom. Some may call it a sickness, but I just call it being inquisitive. I strip down (sorry for the visual) and hop right on the scales to see the damage that has been done.
All during this weight loss journey - we've been pretty good friends. I hop on you in hopes that the number keeps inching further and further down - and it does. You even do me a favor and provide the decimal point. Even that .5 pounds matters.
But lately, you've been one evil little witch. Yeah, I didn't gain any weight at Thanksgiving - I was good ALL holiday long. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have. Only nibbled that fabulous dessert and while I didn't lose an ounce, I didn't gain an ounce either.
I've been so good - I've stayed away from Chuy's creamy jalapeno - and those pesky chips and salsa - yesterday was red velvet birthday cake day at work - and yeah, I skipped it.
But, and I know I should probably take the horrible break up approach of "it's not you, it's me", but fact of the matter is, I'm mad at you.
Couldn't you throw me a bone here and pretend I've lost a pound?
I know plateaus are all in your head - but I'm really in hopes of hitting my goal before Christmas (I promised myself no more chubby Christmas photos), and I could just really use a little help here.
C'mon - this is what I had planned:

Let's be friends again, please.
xoxo,
Link up with Ashley.

14 comments:
Love the GIF.
Just remember the scale doesn't always mean you have fat. Muscle weighs more, so it could be that too.
I feel ya sister! My scale is white, so maybe I should convert to a pink one? Apparently the pink ones still aren't doing you any favors, but at least it's pink?
First off I am obsessed with your scale and I feel my life won't be complete until I have one. Mine is just a boring black and white. I ONLY get essited when I step on it and it says I have lost... even if it .5. I think no loss at all would be a little easier to take on a pink scale LOL PS I am a GIF obsessor, too and I love that one haha Hang in there girl! You are doing AMAZING!!!!
the scale makes me so mad. how did i gain weight when I just worked out 7 days in a row and I ate pretty well? how? rude.
ughhh! Scales are the worst! They make me sad much more than they make me happy!
Loved your post on Whitney's blog, too!
Also, don't forget to check out the giveaway going on at Cotton's Pickins right now! :)
I found you from Whitney's blog...and your blog is amazing!! I love all the Gifs!
Gah, I feel this way about my scale too. We are no longer besties....
p.s. loved your post of whitney's blog today!!
my same exact relationship with the scale! I swear it's forgetting how much we used to love one another..
That stupid scale really needs to learn it's place ;)
UGH I feel the same way about my scale. I think it's a conspiracy.
Apparently I've gained a pound since yesterday (which is a complete lie since my 1 serving of spaghetti did NOT equal 3500 calories). IMPOSSIBLE!
(PS- new follower here!)
New follower :) Loved your post on Whit's page! She made my page pretty and sparkly too!
New follower here, I read your guest post and became fairly certain we are soul mates, LOL. You are adorable and hilarious girl, can't wait to read more! :)
I got into a fight with a scale at the doctor's office the other day. It wasn't pretty and I'm not proud, but that b*tch was asking for it!
Post a Comment