Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hair of the Dog

My least favorite part about birthdays, other than that whole getting older thing, is that they come to an end.

It's depressing. For a whole month week, you feel pretty special, you can eat all the calories you want, you eat birthday cake while lying in bed, you have car concerts with your friends and everything is just perfect.

And then you wake up, it's the last day of the month, you realize you are another year older and your joints hurt. Well, it's either the birthday or that dumb trainer I hired. I'm mad at all of you who said that hiring a trainer was a good idea. He's a real cutie, thinks I'm hilarious, but he really hates it when I say I don't want to do something. So he makes me do like 10 more reps of it. And that is why I can't move from my desk all day.

I really wanted to link up for the Saw It Pinned It Did It link up - but it was my birthday week and I couldn't think of anything to make. But I have been pinning a few things that may help me get through the post-birthday depression.

Diy glasses

Maybe I'll make these next week

More Wine, Less Whine

Always this.

Fiji

I could forget my birthday here.

Pink High Heels with Bows! homecoming?

I mean, how adorable are these shoes?

Striped Maxi-Skirts - Super Comfy!  At VeryJane.com

I want a new maxi skirt almost as much as I want a cowboy.

The only thing I can think of that would really help me get through my birthday hangover is to continue celebrating. Kinda like a little hair of the dog that bit you. So Saturday night I'll be celebrating again and pretending it's still my birthday at the George Strait concert. After all, it's the Cowboy Rides Away tour. I wouldn't mind riding off into the sunset with a cowboy but that's neither here nor there.

Any suggestions for how I can carry this whole birthday thing on into March?


13 comments:

Helene said...

i agree. continue the celebration!!! and i wanna make those wine glasses too. but knowing me they will end up horribly.

Katherine said...

I'm a fan of birthday's lasting for at least three weeks (mine last year lasted six). Also, what better place to pick up a cowboy than at a George Strait concert?!

Rachel said...

I think your b-day should last the whole month and that everyone should have the day off for it! Also if you do the wine glasses..I am excited to see them!

Sara Elizabeth said...

You definitely should make one of those wine glasses!! I'd love to see how they turn out!

Jordon said...

IMO birthday celebrations should always last for 1 week prior to your day and two weeks after. You are going to love his show, It is AWESOME!

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

I am really REALLY jealous of you and that concert. He's performing at the Houston Rodeo this year and I didn't get tickets the day they went on sale. Now the $25 tickets are selling for $150. NOOOOO.

Staci said...

Ugh I am jealous. Send George my love.

Megan said...

I LOVE those wine glasses! And have fun at the George Strait concert! I would kill to go to that. Hope you have an amazing time! And keep on celebrating. Why not have a birthday month?

Joanna said...

why not continue your birthday? You can do anything you damn well want to...and you deserve it!

Lauren said...

those glasses are too cute! If you make those, let us know how easy it was!

Sarah said...

Keep the party going, girl!!

I need that wine shirt to appear on my doorstep...or in my craft room. Either one would work.

Sarah Alway said...

I turned 31 in December and have literally been sick and/or injured ever since! Grrr... Those glasses are so fun, I love them!

Anonymous said...

OMG those wine glasses are super cute!!!!