I've had lots of questions about my hair and the truth is I'm lazy when it comes to my hair. A lot of days my hair is in a messy bun. Dirty hair just looks better in a ponytail or a bun, I promise.
exhibit a. not that this looks good, but you get the idea.
But anyway, most days I throw some hot rollers in my hair and drive to work with them in my hair. It's just easier that way. But I really hate all that heat damage to my hair. Really hate it. So when I saw this pin, I knew I had to give them a try.
You can find them at Ulta or Target in the hair aisle.
Spongy rollers without the heat.
Start with kinda damp hair. This is much more damp than you need. My friend asked me how damp the hair needed to be and I use the idea of if your hair is mostly dry but still feels cool even after drying, then you are in the right playing field.
Next you pull a section of hair, not too big but enough hair to really wrap around the roller.
Move the roller to the end of your hair and wrap the ends completely around the roller and start to roll towards your roots.
The great thing about these rollers is that you don't have to pin them in, you just wrap them up.
The key is to start at the top of your head and work down. Like three rows of rollers all the way around your head.
Once finished, you've got a head full of rollers, but I was anxious to see how it would turn out. The best part of this is they are spongy, so it was easy to sleep in. But that's also the downfall, you have to sleep in them. I used 9 rollers total in my whole head. And I have a lot of hair.
The next morning, this is what the curls looked like. Really tight curls all over my head.
WHAT? IS? THIS? I'll be honest. I panicked right about now. Like oh my gosh what have I done. I have to wear this hair all day and it looks like a perm. NO. No. This is bad. But I walked away from the situation, gave my hair time to fall and then checked it again. I liked it.
The curls were still really tight. Really tight. And it was a weird type of curl. But I liked it and it was limited heat. Just the heat of the hairdryer when you dry your hair. So it has to be better for your hair.
Did I love them? No. Would I suggest them? Yes.
I'm not sure I'll use them often, but sometimes it's nice to not put that heat to your hair, and have to worry about driving to work with rollers in.
They are cheap. Like $7 or $8 for a package - and I have to say that less is more in this situation. The fewer rollers you use, the better the curls.
xoxo,
B
And because I want you guys to remember that I used to have short hair - and I hated every second of it. I'm linking up with some sweet girls for Throwback Thursday.

















8 comments:
my hair is the type that if I curl it it is like shirley temple locks. but i think it looks really pretty, especially after it falls a little!
Am I crazy? I swear I thought I read this yesterday morning. Anyway - I've never seen those hair rollers. I'm pretty sure I'd be frizz city with curls that tight! I am wondering though, where these bad boys were back in my middle school cheerleading days when we had to get our ponytails all sponge-rolled up! (VOMIT)
Numero uno. props to you posting no makeup pics. you are far braver than I and and a pretty princess at that! 2. I have NEVER in my life seen those! I've always been interested in trying hot rollers though. They look cute and really elegant once they fell out and you weren't perm style! ;)
Girl you have some GORGEOUS hair!! I'm gonna have to get myself a set of these curlers ASAP. Thanks for linking up!!
What?! I love it!! My hair does NOT do well with rollers...maybe it's just the operator? Anywho-I love the way your curls looked once they fell! Hmmm trip to Ulta on my lunch break is looking like a go...
Thanks for linking up with us sweet thing! xoxo
holy curls!!
Now if only I had long hair :(
love it! new follower! Thanks so much for linking up!
I don't know if I could do this with my hair. I'm sure it would give me like an afro or something! haha
Post a Comment