Monday, March 11, 2013

I Shouldn't Play Games in Bars

There's only one thing I love more than Jake Owen and that is Hova, in the realm of musical artists, that is.

While I was living out my shenanigans, ps I'm linking up with Sami, apparently Jay Z and J Timberlake were dancing like fools on SNL. So we all know what that means. Any productivity that I had planned for my Monday morning is now gone.

My weekend was busy and fabulous. Just like most weekends. I figured out that even if I hate the drive to my hometown, I like going there, I shouldn't play games in bars, cause I'm really bad, and I'm terrible at making mean faces.



We started our night out at Jefferson Davis Inn Restaurant, which is new in Lexington, but no pictures were taken. The food was okay, may go back, but wasn't overly impressed.

Then we went over to Country Boy Brewery.

 

And then we started taking pics like this. These were supposed to be my mean faces. This was after we had tried to play a game with some coasters, which I failed at completely. 



The rest of the weekend was spent with my babies in Pikeville. Although, I'm not sure my baby is actually a baby anymore. She's almost as tall as me. 



While driving through Pikeville, I saw this bear near my old college and I said to my cousin, "drive me over there to see that bear" and he did, and here you are. 



The bears (the basketball team) are in the NAIA tournament - and I couldn't be more proud. They won the national championship a few years back and I'm incredibly excited to see their run this year.

I ate at a yummy new place in Pikevile, The Blue Raven, and would go back in a heartbeat. Actually can't wait to try it again soon. 

Also really sad because I have lost my picture of Jay Z from the UK game last year. I found that out today. I'll drink another cup of coffee to that one.



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loooks like you had a super fun weekend!! :)

The Pink Growl said...

H to the IZZO! I can get down with some JT & Hova!

ty said...

When you send me that leopard dress, go ahead and throw in that sweater too :)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

As you might expect, I love all your blue from the weekend ;) I also love your bear picture and fun sweater. Would you believe I've never been to Pikeville? (You probably would, just like I'd believe you've never been to Crab Orchard, it just seems like everyone I know has been there for some reason or another!)

Helene said...

oh your mean face is such a cute face. JT and Hova approved.

Allie said...

You can't make a good mean face because you don't have a mean bone in your body :)

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

"dancing like fools" <- YES. I was cracking up at Jay's lack of remembering the choreography. It was amazing.

Whitney Ellen said...

Sorry Ty, she's sending ME that sweater. Kthanksbye. Loveyoumany.

Unknown said...

JT and Jay Z killed me. in the best way

Anonymous said...

HAHA! The mean faces! Why didn't Whitney, Rachel and I do these on our blate??

Sami said...

Your mean face is the cutest! You're lucky you can't do one.. I was blessed with Chronic Bitch Face so I always look mad lolz.

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

umm where is this jefferson davis inn you speak of? and how do i not know about it?!?!

sooo stinkin excited about our threesome date next week....ok that sounded weird. you know what i mean :-) :-) :-)

Sarah said...

Im scheming a plan to be able to hang out with Hova and JT. I'll let you in on the details once I have nailed down. Then we will become bffs with them.

Ashley Swindell said...

It looks like you had a super fun weekend!

Following from today's link up!

xo, Ashley @ Horseshoes and Pearls
horseshoesandpearls.blogspot.com

Definitely Sarah B. said...

AWWW I missed you at CBB- bummer!! Can we please plan this soon?

And...you look so pretty in all your pics! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh your "mean" face is cracking me up!

Ashley said...

your "mean face" is awesome!! and i'm i love with that cardi!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I just came across your blog after reading that you liked sports on Allie's blog. I actually even lived in Lexington for a couple of years! Any girl that is a sports fan is a ok in my book!

--your new follower!
venustrappedinmars.com